Quilled and popup cake card

Hi all

Made a card for my friend's son on his 10th birthday that is today. After i started quilling i have been making cards for birthdays of my friend's children. I never thought i would make this time as i had a small mishap.
But somehow  yesterday i had sometime and finally started and completed in 1hr as my son slept for long time. thanks to him :).


Sentiment is stamped and rest is quilled.  I learnt making popup cake from Dr.Sonia's tutorial. finally got it properly,tried doing it long long back and failed and finally thought i would learn something from every card and this time a popup cake. thanks doc. I have put some stickers on the cake(candles,stars and happy birthday) and a ribbon. The To and From are also stickers. I have put red rhinestones on top of cake as cherries. The red colour on candels is just a shadow of the red rhinestones.


Thanks a lot friends for your encouraging words always.

Submittting to
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.in/2012/11/craft-challenge-179-birthday.html
http://sunny-cards-anu.blogspot.in/2012/11/sunny-challenges.html (a challenge blog by very talented 11yr old,check it out)
Kavitha

Comments

MEGHA said…
beautiful card!!!!!
megha
http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/
Sathya said…
Lovely card, Kavitha!
Pooja said…
Wonderful quilling and the pop-up cake is very nice .
Sathya said…
Thanks for ur nice words at my blog, Kavi...Craft/Art is a real stress buster and every1 will agree on this i hope. So do craft for your own and do never loose your spirit of crafting and enjoying...Handmade with love are always special :)
Anushka said…
Your card is awesome!! I love your quilling and I want to quill just like you do!! The inside is really cool! Thanks for playing and I hope you come back soon. :)
HappyCrafter said…
What a great pop up card! I always love the surprise when opening one, I'm sure this was appreciated. happy crafting :-)
SUGANTHI said…
very nice card . The numbers look perfect.
Dr Sonia S V said…
Kavitha I missed this post entirely ...and do you know how I landed here today...by googling pop up cards!!
Thank you so much for linking to me..your pop up cake is stylish and love the silver candles
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Dove

Quilled Christmas tree

Blooms and Butterflies