Hibiscus Anniversary wishes


Hi all

Made my first masking card. It seems challenges make me think more and active. So thought i would participate more often and try new techniques even though i feel my stamping is pretty basic. Now that i gradually feeling good when stamping(no fear) ,i wanted to try out more. 

Here are the steps for the cardmaking
1. I stamped the hibiscus (mudra stamps from India) randomly with versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder and started wetting the paper followed by coloring with watercolors. 
2. Stamped the leaves with versamark and heat embossed with pearl green embossing powder. 
3. I found that after coloring my flowers were not as bright as they were first before coloring so tried stamping again with versafine and clear embossed. As i didnot have MISTI it was hard to stamp properly as my cardstock also curled up with coloring but finally stamped properly except two which you can see in the card. 
I would have thrown the card in my scraps if i had not heard in the video of Kristina when she found few watercolored droplets in the inside of the card that 'its fine with me as it looks really like a handmade card'. This made me stop me from throwing and it actually looks like a blurred image. 
4.Blinged it up with rhinestones. Stamped the sentiment and heat embossed which again has some mistakes. My white embossing powder is almost 6 yrs old and it actually turned to little yellow. I had to buy antistatic pouch and powder soon. 
I have lots to improve but happy with my first attempt.

Linking to Flower challenge.



Simons Says wednesday challenge.

Comments

Viv said…
Such a beautiful card Kavitha and you made such a lovely background with those lovely flowers too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx
Karen Dunbrook said…
beautifully done.
Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen
Helen said…
A wonderfully bright, happy card Kavitha! It makes me think of summer and gardens! Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Anything Goes with Dies this Month.

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Dove

Quilled Christmas tree

Blooms and Butterflies