A New Beginning

Hi all

Posting my work after a long time.I recently joined in the Altenew Academy certification program to get inspired by many artists around the world and improve my cardmaking skill. I hardly get time now a days as we are moving to our home country after many years. I am in the middle of packing the stuff but as i am very excited to join the program and do not want to miss the opportunity, i have started with level 1 course in AECP

Card 1:I started by learning about layering the stamps. The videos make the stamping with layered stamps so easy. I was very scared to stamp initially before joining in the program but now i feel its all in the practice which makes it simple. My first card is made using PLAYFUL BLOOMS stamp set. I have used a pattern paper which is the one i got for stamp packaging. I do not remember the name but i saved it from long time to use it and i finally got the chance. I stamped on the sides with versamark ink which says I just wanted to say  and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I stamped the flowers with Altenew inks and clear embossed. Stamped the leaves with citron distress ink. I adhered both flower and leaves with foam sheets which are purple and green respectively. I stamped the sentiment using versamark and then versafine. I then clear embossed the sentiment.
Hope i improve as i go on with the course and make better cards .




Card 2:   The second card also uses the same stampset. I first embossed the background with Darice embossing folder, used the doily Martha stewart punch. For the flowers this time i stamped the outline of the flower on a pattern paper and just used one layer of the flower to stamp on the inside. I fussy cut the flowers. The leaves are from the FOCUS ON YOU stampset from Altenew. Completed with a sentiment embossed in white.I adhered one flower with foam tape and another without foam so it looks like they are on top of each other. Its a very simple card .



Thanks for visiting my blog.

Thanks
Kavitha Vadhri
  

Comments

Erum Tasneem said…
Your work is gorgeous! Just a tip, try to add a couple more project photos to your post and also increase the thumbnail size. You will see the difference it will make to your blog post.
Thank you for entering your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery. Well done!

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Dove

Quilled Christmas tree

Focus on Texture